How to Make Your RV Feel Like Home
Posted on Jul 29, 2021
Make your RV rental feel like home, whether you own one, are buying one, or are renting one. There’s no reason you can’t feel cozy as you cruise down the road from our Los Angeles, Orange County, or Calabasas RV rental locations. It doesn’t take a whole lot to make your RV feel just like home.
We can provide you with some helpful tips to add your personal touches to your RV rental, so you can make it all your own. You can make it a home away from home. You’ll find that bringing your own familiar furnishings goes a long way to feeling like it is your own RV.
Tips to Help You Feel at Home in Your RV
- Go Ahead… Decorate: There’s no need for bare walls, put up some familiar and fun images of friends and family. Bring with you some familiar faces and you’ll start feeling welcome. Nail-free adhesive hangers keep framed images from swinging while you’re moving. Adhesive hangers are also good for hanging odds and ends like sweaters and jackets, towels, leashes, and key chains. Moreover, this is a great way to keep things picked up.
- The Scent of Home: There is nothing like a familiar scent to feel like your home. It has a powerful effect on memory. Our sense of smell triggers more connections than most people realize. An RV can be tight quarters, bringing in fresh sent can keep things pleasant. If you don’t have one that you typically use at home, we suggest some oils of spruce, sweet orange, lavender, or eucalyptus
- Bring Your Bedroom: If you don’t get a comfortable night’s sleep, the rest of the trip can be tough. For instance, you may have a favourite stuffed pillows, special sheets, or a reading lamp. Bring them with you on your Calabasas RV rental.
- The Details: Many times, it is the small things that matter. Bring some of those and you’ll notice that they add up very quickly to provide that feeling of familiarity. Favourite blankets, small plants, throw pillows and even flameless candles will add nice cozy touches.
- Bathroom Amenities: It doesn’t take much, especially in an RV bathroom, to add some comfy touches like nice towels, a rack for shampoo and soap. You could even colour coordinate to keep everything straight.
- Special Mementos: If you have items of sentimental value, that means something to you, bring them along. Maybe a family member made it, or maybe it just reminds you of something special or someone special. There is nothing like a personal item to make you feel right at home. If you’re on the road for long periods, this can be especially helpful. Similarly, you might try a clever thematic tie into your destination, just to up the anticipation.
- Holiday Décor: Travelling during a holiday? Make it festive. There is no reason not to celebrate, in fact, there may be more reasonable. A string of lights is always a magical touch. Hang pine or cedar bows about to add a bit of holiday cheer.