Best Summer Cocktails for Your Next RV Trip
Posted on Jun 30, 2021
What’s a summer without cocktails? A summer camping trip without a cocktail hour would be simply uncivilized. After all, we’re a Los Angeles RV rental company and we know that an RV trip is not completed without a few refreshments in hand. This is especially true during the summer heat! There are plenty of drink delicacies that can be inspired by a camp. Once the RV is parked, you get the campfire going, the chairs set up, and everything starts to look like… camp, it’s cocktail hour.
No doubt that cocktails are a great way to add some good times to your outdoor excursion. You don’t necessarily need alcohol to have a refreshing way to relax around your campsite. From beer and wine to a proper drink, or maybe a Virgin Mary, or simply a nice cold glass of sparkling juice, here are some handy refreshment tips.
Packing Refreshing Supplies for the Trip
You may not want to bring your entire bar with all of your mixers along on the trip. The kitchen in the RV rental might not be so big to accommodate your bartender’s dreams. So you might be wondering what are the most refreshing drinks, and can you use the same ingredients in more than one cocktail? Here are some great ideas for your next RV rental trip:
First, remember the necessary bartending tools:
- A pitcher (you might consider plastic, with a lid)
- Martini shaker (or a reasonable facsimile)
- Stirring stick
- Cocktail muddler
- Bottle opener
Second, the alcohol and mixers:
- Beer (or lite beer)
- Wine (red, white, or rose)
- Triple sec liqueur
If you want to get fancy, here are some standout campfire drinks:
- Whiskey and Marshmallow: You’re camping, so you probably have marshmallows with you. Therefore, warm up your whiskey and put a marshmallow on it.
- Apple Pie Bourbon Shots: After a day of adventure, this comfy drink requires apples, cinnamon, and bourbon.
- Pumpkin Spice White Russians: Great for fall camping, this drink needs vodka, Kahlua, and a sprinkle of graham crackers.
- Apple Cranberry Moscow Mule: This is a refreshing mixture of vodka, ginger beer, cranberry juice, sparkling apple juice, and a garnish of cranberries.
- Hot Toddy: If it’s a bit chilly, this is a classic warm-up. Whiskey, honey, lemon juice, and a cinnamon stick, do the trick.
- Irish Coffee: This is the quintessential camping drink, using hot coffee, Irish whiskey, sugar, and whipped cream.
- Maple Leaf: Among your take-along supplies should be syrup, honey, lemon juice, cinnamon, and bourbon. Combined makes a tasty treat.
- Dark and Stormy: The drink, not the weather. Here’s an easy one– rum, beer, and a lime wedge. Sleep tight.
- Cinnamon Maple Whiskey Sour: This half-step away from a whiskey sour includes bourbon, lemon juice, and maple syrup (a pinch of cinnamon to taste).
- Pinecone Punch: A great theme for a great venue. Try rum, pineapple juice, and pine liqueur.
- Campfire Sling: This recipe requires gin, apple cider and lemon. This showy drink includes lighting a flame when you release oils from the lemon.
- Mimosas: It’s always a pleasant surprise to wake up to a mimosa. It’s like a holiday morning. This can be served non-alcoholic if you prefer. Your favourite fruit juice, and either champagne or sparkling white grape juice.
- Old Fashioned: The classic bourbon drink, you can fancy it up with a slice of orange, if you like.
Make Us Your 1st Choice for RV Rentals in Southern California
We hope these ideas help you have fun when you’re camping in one of our RVs. If you have a camp cocktail idea and would like to share it with us, we’d love to know about it. Contact us or come see us either at our Calabasas RV rental location for your Orange County RV rental!